How do I start working as a pharm tech in Connecticut?

by Luna
(Jamaica (West Indies))

I am a certified pharmacy technician in Jamaica (West Indies). I am interested in working in CT. Can you kindly advise me as to the procedures with certification and registration? I have over 15 years of experience in this field.

Response from PharmTechPros: First, contact the State of Connecticut Consumer Protection Department at 800-842-2649 to find out if your current certification will be recognized in Connecticut. (We are not sure if certification in Jamaica is the same as in the states.)

Certification IS required to practice in Connecticut.

You must also register with the state of Connecticut by using this form. You can, however, begin work in a pharmacy under the direct supervision of a Connecticut pharmacist without registration. But you must get your registration certificate within 30 days.

Note that there is a registration fee of $100.

Wishing you all the best in your transition from Jamaica!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Connecticut Invite.