Looking for Indiana pharmacy technician license information? Following are the important facts you need to know about the requirements for pharmacy technicians in Indiana.
Updated in 2022!
Does Indiana regulate pharmacy technicians?
Is certification required to practice in Indiana?
What certification exam(s) is/are approved by the state?
PTCB (PTCE) and ICPT (ExCPT).
When is registration required?
All certificates begin on July 1 of even-numbered years.
Is licensure required?
Yes. You must obtain your technician-in-training registration certificate within thirty days of working in a pharmacy. This is a one-year license that will not be renewed. When you have completed the Board-approved training program or received certification, you license will be subject to annual renewal.
What do I have to do to become licensed?
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Have no felony convictions related to controlled substances or legend drugs.
- Submit a pharmacy technician application; start the process online here.
- Submit proof of having passed a nationally recognized certification exam or having completed a Board-approved education and training program. Note: If you do not yet have these qualifications, you must apply to be a technician-in-training for a 1-year period.
- Submit to a criminal background check and provide your fingerprints.
- Include the nonrefundable application fee of $25.
Is training required?
Yes, during the one-year technician-in-training period.
Are there Continuing Education (CE) requirements?
Yes, to maintain certification if you are a certified pharmacy technician.
How often is renewal required?
Pharmacy technician licenses expire on June 30 of even-numbered years and may be renewed for a fee of $25.
What should I do if I change jobs or change my home address?
Submit your change of address online at the Board of Pharmacy. You must have an online account with the Board of Pharmacy.
Other good info to know about Indiana pharmacy technician requirements
- A technician must wear a name tag identifying him- or herself as a pharmacy technician at all times while working and display his or her certification in the pharmacy.
- A technician must identify him- or herself as a pharmacy technician in any electronic or telephone communication.
- One pharmacist may supervise up to four pharmacy technicians.
Essential Contact Info for the Indiana Pharmacy Technician
Professional Licensing Agency Attn: Indiana Board of Pharmacy
https://www.in.gov Office: 402 W. Washington Street, Room W072 Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 Telephone: (317) 234-2067 Fax: (317) 233-4236
Professional Association for Indiana Pharmacy Technicians
Indiana Pharmacists Alliance www.indianapharmacists.org
1 thought on “Indiana Pharmacy Technician License Info”