New Hampshire Pharmacy Tech Info
Looking for New Hampshire pharmacy tech information? Following are the
important facts you need to know about the requirements for pharmacy
technicians in New Hampshire.
Does New Hampshire regulate pharmacy technicians? Yes.
Is certification required to practice in New Hampshire? No.
What certification exam(s) is/are approved by the state? PTCB (PTCE) and ICPT (ExCPT).
When is registration required? You must apply for and receive registration before beginning employment.
Is licensure required? Yes.
What do I have to do to become licensed?
Is training required?
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent or be working toward one.
- Have no felony or misdemeanor convictions on drug-related charges.
an online pharmacy technician application to the New Hampshire State
Board of Pharmacy (start the application process here). Depending on whether you are certified, you will choose to received a "registered pharmacy technician" license or a "certified pharmacy technician" license. If you are certified, you must provide a copy of the actual certificate when applying (must be 4 MB or less).
- Pay the application fee by Visa or Mastercard ONLY.
- You cannot use an iPad or iPhone to complete the application.
- You must read and practice within the guidelines of RSA318 and Ph800 of the Board's laws and rules. These are provided for viewing during your application process.
- Be sure to print the "Application Summary" page to prove that you have submitted an application.
- Complete a training program designed and overseen by the pharmacist-in-charge at the pharmacy in which you are employed.
Yes, the supervising pharmacist oversees on-the-job training and keeps the appropriate records of the training.
Are there Continuing Education (CE) requirements? No.
How often is renewal required? Every 2 years, on March 31st of every odd-numbered year. License renewals are done online at this link.
What should I do if I change jobs or change my home address? Report the change to the Board immediately. Instructions and information are provided here.
Other good info to know about New Hampshire pharmacy tech requirements:
- A technician may only perform pharmacy functions that do not require professional judgment.
- The supervising pharmacist (or pharmacist-in-charge) is responsible for all actions of the pharmacy technician.
Essential Contact Info for the New Hampshire Pharmacy Tech
State of New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy
Office: 57 Regional Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Telephone: 603-271-2350 Fax: 603-271-2856
Professional Association for New Hampshire Pharm Techs:
New Hampshire Pharmacists Association
Be a proud New Hampshire Pharmacy Technician!
Share Tips About Becoming a Pharm Tech in New Hampshire
Do you have any tips about becoming a pharmacy technician in New Hampshire? Share them, so others can learn from your experience.
Return from New Hampshire Pharmacy Tech to the
Pharmacy Tech Pros Home Page