Mississippi Pharmacy Tech Info
Looking for Mississippi pharmacy tech information? Following are the
important facts you need to know about the requirements for pharmacy
technicians in Mississippi.
Does Mississippi regulate pharmacy technicians? Yes.
Is certification required to practice in Mississippi? Not initially. However, you must obtain certification before the first renewal of your license.
What certification exam(s) is/are approved by the state? PTCB (PTCE) and ICPT (ExCPT).
When is registration required? Within 30 days of beginning employment.
Is licensure required? Yes.
What do I have to do to become licensed?
Is training required?
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Submit to a criminal background check and fingerprinting.
a written pharmacy technician application to the Mississippi State
Board of Pharmacy requesting registration as a pharmacy technician
(download application here).
the nonrefundable application fee of $50 plus the $40 fee for a
criminal background check (money orders or business checks are
acceptable; personal checks not accepted).
- Include a passport-type photo.
the questionnaire that accompanies the application to demonstrate your
knowledge of the rules governing pharmacy technicians in the state of
- Have your application notarized.
Are there Continuing Education (CE) requirements? No.
How often is renewal required? Annually. The registration period is April 1 through March 31.
What should I do if I change jobs or change my home address? Report the change to the Board within 10 days.
Other good info to know about Mississippi pharmacy tech requirements:
- A technician must wear a name tag identifying him- or herself as a pharmacy technician at all times while working.
- A technician must identify him- or herself as a pharmacy technician in any electronic or telephone communication.
- A technician may only perform pharmacy functions that do not require professional judgment.
- The supervising pharmacist (or pharmacist-in-charge) is responsible for all actions of the pharmacy technician.
- The supervising pharmacist may supervise a limit of two pharmacy technicians in the pharmacy.
Essential Contact Info for the Mississippi Pharmacy Technician
Mississippi Board of Pharmacy
Office: 204 Key Drive, Suite D
Madison, MS 39110
Telephone: 601-605-5388 Fax: 601-605-9546
Professional Association for Pharmacy Techs in Mississippi:
Mississippi Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP)
Be a proud Mississippi pharmacy technician!
Share Tips About Becoming a Pharm Tech in Mississippi
Do you have any tips about becoming a pharmacy technician in Mississippi? Share them, so others can benefit from your experience.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return from Mississippi Pharmacy Tech to the
Pharmacy Tech Pros Home Page